Thursday, July 29, 2010

Good Morning and welcome to Thursday morning in my little corner of the world. This day has dawned grey and still - with rain overnight and early this morning.  I am fascinated at the changes Mother Nature makes - yesterday afternoon was glorious - sunny and pleasant with clear blue skies.  So much so that I ventured out into the garden, pulled a few weeks, pruned and tidied up my herbs and planted some spinach plants.

I am doing fine - had my blood tests and off to Clinic tomorrow afternoon.  I always get a bit twitchy before Clinic (I think I fear they may try to kidnap me again and keep me there.) 

Next Thursday is the pre-admission Clinic and then August 12th. is when I go back into Flinders for the stent to be changed.  That should only be an overnight though (I sure hope so.)

We are currently in "Election Mode" with the whole of Australia going to the Polls on August 21 to elect a Federal Government.  It is a short campaign but very intense and with, of course the normal "mud slinging".  Politics has always been a particular passion of mine.  I guess this comes from my Father who was very forthright with his Political views and with whom I would sit down and discuss and debate issues from a very early age.   It's times like these I miss him most of all - I miss the interchange of ideas, opinions, values and words.  He taught me to question and to make my own decisions (although at times when they differed from his I think he was a bit sorry he had encouraged me.)  To sit down with him and a cup of coffee and discuss it all today would be very special to me.

It is raining again and this is the sort of rain I love - soft and gentle.  Reminds me of the hymn "We Plough the Fields and Scatter"

The breezes and the sunshine,
And soft, refreshing rain.

Take care whatever you do in our beautiful world - enjoy the breezes and the sunshine and I shall enjoy the soft refreshing rain.


Love and hugs,


A single gentle rain makes the grass many shades greener. So our prospects brighten on the influx of better thoughts.

[Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862), U.S. philosopher, author, naturalist.

No comments: