Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Good Morning and welcome to Wednesday - the first day of Spring in my little corner of the world.  To look outside one would think that it was mid-winter - grey sky and rain, but then spring is like that - unpredictable and hanging on to winter.  Nice thing though is there is no wind just a gentle falling rain.

I don't have very much news at all today - life is good, I am doing fine and my tablets are taken and I am ready to face the day.  I may go into work to see everyone and have morning tea with them.  I really miss the times I spent with them.  I miss the companionship, friendship and I also miss the clients.

Time again for our Royal Adelaide Show (Fair type of thing for those overseas) and this runs for nine days and lots of our Country folk come to the City and the place is all a bustle.  They have firework displays each evening and I can hear them from my home - could see them if I were to climb on the roof - and that isn't going to happen.

It is an exciting time and the children love it - Grace and Henry will be going on the first Saturday and will love it all - particularly the animals.  They have a three hour drive to get to Adelaide and will stay Friday and Saturday nights with Grandpa and then go home on Sunday.  They are extremely good little travellers. The weather is forecast to be wet on Saturday - but that's all part of the fun of going to the Show - dodging showers and trying to stay dry.

Having dinner with friends this evening and that will be nice - good company and good food is always nice.

Whatever you are doing in your little corner of the world I hope it is a good time for you.  Take care and be safe.

Love and hugs,



"The first day of spring is one thing, and the first spring day is another.  The difference between them is sometimes as great as a month."

  
Henry Van Dyke, Fisherman's Luck, 1899

No comments: