Saturday, September 11, 2010

Welcome to Saturday morning in my little corner of the world.



The weekends just seem to come around so quickly and I hope you enjoy yours however you spend it.  Those of you who work during the week will try to cram as much into it as you can - just be sure to spend some quality time for yourself.  

For me the weekend is shaping up to be a quiet one - there are a few things I have to do and some I want to do.  There are also lots of things I should do but probably will not get around to doing.  They will still be there in a few days - unless of course the fairies come in and do them.   Mmmmm - I doubt that is going to happen.

Today is cloudy but dry and a much better Saturday weather wise than last weekend.  I guess those girls who are being married today will be breathing a sigh of relief regarding the weather.   It should be a great day for photographs - no sun to make people squint and no wind to make a fly away veil.

I am well but did not have a good night last night - sleep did not come easy for me so rather than lie there and toss and turn I got up and had a shower and then tidied the linen cupboard.  A job well done - then when I returned to bed with a feeling of satisfaction, I read for a while and then I did sleep. Then of course morning seemed to come around very quickly and here I am at 8.00.a.m. all showered, dressed and had breakfast.  

Life is good - I feel a calm and contentment and this comes to me from the fact that I was given the gift of life and am trying to live it well.  My family are doing fine - had a text from Rebecca "we are fine here in beautiful Oxford" and Naomi is doing fine.  Darren and his family are in Brisbane this weekend for a wedding and Melinda is continuing to be an excellent mother and Farmer's wife.  I have friends and family who love me - so that wraps around me like a warm blanket.

I do have to pick up something I bought on EBay - a Christmas Tree and decorations - I know I don't really need it - but it was the "naughty Linda" who did it, but I have to drive her to collect it.  lol  That's tomorrow morning so that will be a good start to that day.

So there you have it - my check in for today - I have so much to thankful for.  I have a few friends who are not doing quite so well - Vicki with the second wave of chemotherapy to combat a returning breast cancer and Gwen who spends painful and debilitating days struggling to cope with Motor Neurone Disease.  Both beautiful ladies with supportive families, but suffering a lot.
My heart and thoughts are with you both.

Love and hugs,




"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."  

Plato






No comments: