Friday, December 31, 2010

THANKFUL EVERYDAY



With about eleven hours left of this year it is time to give thanks for all that has happened and the wonderful results - I shall be a little sorry to let go of this year because although it has been a very challenging time, it has brought me love and care of the sweetest kind.

It has been a hugely emotional time for me - being well enough to enjoy Christmas, celebrating one year since my transplant with my family, receiving a letter from my Donor family and being at home not in hospital.

The early post transplant days were gone in a blur of medication and medical procedures - I was totally unaware of life outside Flinders.  Apparently it was very hot weather which meant long hot journeys for my family to visit me. 
Listening to the girls talk yesterday and laugh at some of the things I said was interesting because I really don't recall those times.

There are lots of times I don't remember and yet there are lots that I do - I remember tender hands, soft voices and very special care.

I have learned such a lot of things both about medical conditions and medication and also about being patient and taking life one day at a time.  I have learned to find joy in the little things and to acknowledge with a kindly word even the little things in life.  To smile at a stranger and to exchange a few words of kindness with someone I meet along the way.

I face this new year with a thankful heart and a determination to promote organ donation and make sure people know of its benefits.

I take this time to offer my thanks to you all for your care, your kindness, your love, your prayers and hopes for me.  I walked a very difficult path but I did not walk it alone.  Thanks to you I was carried on the wings of love and prayer and my heart will always be thankful.

I offer a very sincere thanks to my Donor family for the gift they gave me -
I AM ALIVE AND WELL.

Love and hugs,






1 comment:

Diane said...

You touched us as well Linda! we are thankful to have you in our lives as well.
Happy Healthy 2011

Diane Louise