Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Well here we are at the end of 52 weeks - exactly one year ago I was back in ICU following transplant surgery - this is the day but the date was the 30th. which of course is tomorrow.

It has been a huge year for me - it has had it's highs and lows.  The first five months were very difficult with recovery from surgery, then the Stevens-Johnson Syndrome and then the slow recovery from that.

All along my journey I received the most incredible medical and nursing care and support from the Transplant Team at Flinders.

There were many of you who prayerfully and carefully supported me, prayed for me and sent messages of encouragement and support to me through my family.

My family supported each other beautifully and I am so proud of them for the care they showed to me and to each other.

I am able to wake each day with a thankful heart and to know that I live because of my liver donor.   This is a time of celebration for me and my family, but it also marks an anniversary of a very different kind for my Donor family.

My thoughts and prayers go out to them at this first anniversary for them of the loss of their loved one - I shall hold them close in heart and thought and wish for them a calm acceptance and a peaceful journey though the day.

Thank you all for your love, your care and support of me and I ask that you all have the conversation with your family about organ donation so that when a time comes they know your wishes and it is easier for them to make decisions.

I send my love and care to you all from a very thankful and humble heart.

Love and hugs,


No comments: