Wednesday, February 9, 2011

SLEEPLESS IN ADELAIDE.

Good Morning - I guess most of you are sleeping in the Southern Hemisphere but sleep is not my companion tonight.  For those in the Northern Hemisphere you will be well into the middle of your day - your Tuesday.

It is 3.30 on Wednesday morning for me and I am here because I couldn't even settle to read in bed - so up for a warm drink and to check mail.

I have added a couple more installments to my "A Liver for Linda" blog and it is working well for me - a documented record of a very long and difficult time.

It looks as though the fires in Western Australia are under control but have caused huge damage - over 68 homes lost or damaged.

Repair and restoration is under way - or rather I should say clean up,  in Queensland and Victoria following the flooding and cyclone and this is going to be long and difficult and very expensive.

I am just so amazed and thankful that the loss of life was not greater and I do worry about those who lost homes and also loved ones.

I am also constantly amazed at the strength of the human spirit and those who want to rebuild and start again.  There are also those whose spirit is quite broken and they don't have the heart to even contemplate rebuilding.


Today is going to be a clear day with high cloud and a temperature of 31(87.8) so it should be pleasant for us.  I am wondering if the blizzards in USA have settled down and the snow has stopped. Such extremes of weather fascinate me - the wonder of the beautiful world in which we live.

I am heading back to bed now to try to get a few more hours sleep before I face another morning of another bonus day in my life.

Take care wherever you are - be safe and be happy and enjoy the little things - 
a drawing that a child brings home from School, a good report,  a phone call from a friend, coffee with a friend and a green light when you are running late.

Love and hugs to you all,







No comments: