Thursday, September 8, 2011

WELCOME TO THANKFUL THURSDAY AND SO IT GOES




Billy Joel - And so it Goes

Good Morning from the day after my birthday and so it goes - the birthday is over but the greetings still go on and it is lovely. 

Today is cool but dry and a busy day for me - I have some shopping to do and time to fuel up the car (wonder if I should rob a bank before I call at the petrol station with the increased rates.)

Pictured above is a selection of my birthday cards and they are all beautiful and brought joy - as did the many many messages from places as far away as Italy, Canada, United States and all over this "Wide Brown Land."  It was lovely to have you celebrate with me - not only do I celebrate my birthday but I celebrate my life.

I was treated to dinner at The Kensington Hotel

KENSINGTON HOTEL

DINING ROOM

The service was excellent with lovely young staff attending and the food was lovely although there was not much choice for our vegetarian members.

I chose a roasted chicken breast 
with truffle, crushed kipfler potato and tarragon 
velouté 
and for desert



chocolate Tart 
with hazelnut praline parfait
(very delicious)


and of course beautiful coffee, although I should have passed on that because it didn't help with the sleep issues.


Of course there was gift time - both John and Ray received gifts for Father's Day and Ray his birthday too and then it was my turn.


Books to read and a lovely soft pink pashmina shawl, beautiful cup, saucer and plate and special perfume.  Very spoiled indeed.


Pretty in pink

Lolita Lempicka - beautiful fragrance in beautiful bottle.

A challenging read 

I have already started reading this one from Ruth Rendell


It really was a lovely day and I am grateful for you calling by on this Thankful Thursday to share my joy.


My Thankful Thursday consists of thanks for life itself and then for all the other added things that bring joy and smiles to my days, for friends and family and for health to be well enough to enjoy it all.


I certainly did enjoy my day but didn't have a birthday cake - but a very dear friend's little great Grandson Alexander did have a cake for his first birthday and this young man sure knows how to celebrate.


Alexander about to tackle his first birthday cake

Oh boy did he have fun - oh to celebrate with such abandon.

Happy Birthday Alexander - may your life be one long celebration.

And with that gorgeous photo I think I am all "birthday-ed" out and will close and wish you joy and laughter in your day, happy celebrations of anything at all - don't wait - celebrate now - enjoy good food, good times, good music and enjoy your life.
For me every day and every birthday is a bonus and I am thankful indeed this Thankful Thursday.

Love and hugs,
Linda
(another year older but it really is only a number.)

No comments: