Sunday, January 6, 2013

EMBRACE TIME



Welcome to Sunday morning in my little corner of the world where the sun is beating down and the air is still and no birds are singing - it is too hot for even them.  I have fed my cat, put out cool fresh water for her and a large bowl of water for any critters that do venture by.

The sky is bright blue and there is not even a wisp of cloud to be seen anywhere - a typical South Australian summer morning.

I have the whole day in front of me and I am not rushing about trying to get things done - I am taking it slowly and embracing time.

Time sometimes seems to pass slowly and at other times it is gone in a flash ~ I recall many friends making the comment that they didn't know "where 2012 had gone to."

I look at my grown children and that more than anything reminds me of the passing of time - wasn't it only a few weeks ago they were starting school and learning to read ?

These lyrics from "Sunrise Sunset" from Fiddler on the Roof say it perfectly:


'Is this the little girl I carried?
Is this the little boy at play?

I don't remember growing older
When did they?

When did she get to be a beauty?
When did he grow to be so tall?

Wasn't it yesterday
When they were small?

Sunrise, sunset
Sunrise, sunset
Swiftly flow the days
Seedlings turn overnight to sunflowers
Blossoming even as we gaze

Sunrise, sunset
Sunrise, sunset
Swiftly fly the years
One season following another
Laden with happiness and tears

What words of wisdom can I give them?
How can I help to ease their way?

Sunrise, sunset
Sunrise, sunset
Swiftly fly the years
One season following another
Laden with happiness and tears"


“It's such a shame to waste time. We always think we have so much of it.”

Take hold of each day and use every moment - for rest, for work, for play - never let a second be wasted - fill your cup of life to the very brim and drink deeply.


There are occasions in life where we must wait - for Doctor's appointments, to catch a train or wait at the Airport for a plane to arrive or depart.  Watching the passing parade of people at these places fascinates me and I often wonder the purpose of the journey these people are making.  I made good friends with people who were waiting for the train when I worked in the City as we would meet at the same time each day.   

On winter days enjoy special fireside times at the end of a busy day and if summer is your companion - take time to chill out with a cold drink in a shady spot.

Wherever you are I hope that time does not hang heavy on your hands and you are able to fill the hours granted to you with happiness and contentment.

Never be too busy to smile, to say Hi to a stranger nor to find time to nurture your inner being.

Thank you for taking time out of your day to read the Musings of my Heart and I wish you a peaceful day.

Love and hugs,
Linda.

No comments: