Wednesday, August 21, 2013



Good Afternoon and welcome to a wet Wednesday in my little corner of the world and the sky is pewter grey and there is a bead curtain of diamond raindrops running down my window.  It is very pretty.

The days are moving by very quickly and soon we will be waving goodbye to winter and welcoming spring/summer - more exciting seasons filled with happy days and lots of little things to bring joy.

It truly is the little things that make life so amazing and I am thankful that I am aware of so many of these little things.

There is not a day goes by when I don't find a little thing - or lots of them to make each day special.

Some of the little things that have brought joy today are:


Delivering a package to a friend and seeing her smile.

My Ballot papers for the election in the mail for a pre-poll vote

More daffodils peeking through 

Raindrops on a spider web

The lovely chocolate sediment after hot chocolate

The laughter of a friend at his own silliness

A parcel in the mail (a gift for a friend)

A message from interstate to see how I am

An email from an "old" friend 

Goodnight wishes from overseas

Anticipation of dinner with friends

The challenge of and sense of achievement with several cryptic crossword puzzles

Green lights 

Rain that stopped just long enough to get from shops to car

Phone call from my younger daughter

A message on a Christmas Blog from someone pleased to see me blogging again.

All of these are simple things - but all things which serve to make the day brighter and happier.   I enjoy looking for little things and rejoice when I find them.

Tomorrow I am off to the City to address a group of nurses who work in Theatre and ICU with transplant patients (both the donor and recipient) and who rarely see their patients and the miracle that they have helped to bring about by their care and nursing.  I am to tell and share my story of both before and after transplant and I hope that my presence and words help them see how very worthwhile their work and care is.    I am a little nervous but it will be fine - I am happy to share my story and show that I am indeed as survivor and am alive and well.

Thank you for sharing the journey with me and for visiting the musings of my heart - a heart which truly does find the little things amazing.  Find joy in your journey - dance in the rain and sing loud and strong - live, laugh, love and be happy.

Love and hugs,

Linda 



No comments: