Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Good Morning from a very damp and cold Adelaide, but the sun is trying to peep through the clouds and will be very welcome when it does.

Today is a very special day for me - 26 weeks (half a year) at this time of day I was in the operating theatre at Flinders Medical Centre - totally in the hands of a wonderful team who were doing my liver transplant. I was prayerfully and carefully supported by so many people all over the world. Thank you for storming Heaven's Gate. Thank you to you all who stood vigil with me - to the wonderful staff - the Surgical Team, ICU staff and general Nursing Staff - you all were wonderful.

My very great and deep gratitude also goes to the family of the Donor who gave me the gift of life - in the midst of their grief they stepped up and supported their family member by allowing his/her organs to be used to give life. I live because of their generosity and support. It is a day of celebration for me but tinged with a little sadness as I remember the loss that family had to endure. I am grateful each day.

To my own family - my love and eternal gratitude - you stood tall and supported me and also supported each other with great communication and love. You are very special. I love you all so very much.

You will understand how much this means to me - and I would ask that you seriously consider becoming an Organ Donor and let your family know your wishes so that they can be as supportive as my Donor Family was.

I value each new sunrise, autumn leaves, rain, rainbows, butterflies, smiles and friendship and the love of my own family. I value life itself.

So please celebrate life with me on this special day.

When I count my blessings I count you all twice.

Love and hugs from

A very thankful Linda


"Today a new sun rises for me, everything lives,
everything is animated, everything seems to
speak to me of my passion, everything invites
me to cherish it."

Anne De Lenclos






No comments: