Thursday, July 15, 2010

Good Afternoon,

Weather here is calm again - still some rain about and the earth smells beautiful - damp and sweet.  No walking again this morning because of rain.

I have been cooking all morning for tomorrow evening - Christmas in July.  House smells lovely with spicy and lovely aromas - I have a curry in the slow cooker and have steamed lots of vegetables (easy to just reheat)  I only have to do a big dish of baked mushrooms and they don't take long to either prepare or cook.

I am still feeling well but a little sore around the scar area today - could be because I have been moving tables and standing all morning - so a much quieter afternoon ahead for me.

I did sleep a little better last night which was lovely - I think the strong winds bother me a little and that doesn't help. The wind can do so much damage and I think it just makes me unsettled.

I have a new CD to play and a great book to read, so an afternoon in the chair with a great cup of coffee or two sounds good to me.

Hope that all is well in your little corner of the world - when night time comes for you wherever you are,  I wish you a safe and peaceful sleep and sweet sweet dreams.

Love and hugs,


"Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire:  it is the time for home."  

Edith Sitwell

No comments: