Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A late post from me today. 

No walking today - weather would have been much more suitable to swimming.


The wind has abated, but we had lots of heavy showers and hail storms today.

Visited work this morning and caught up with my friends there for morning tea - it was lovely and I always love the companionship and friendship..

The rest of the day I have been getting ready for a family Christmas in July - it put up the Christmas Tree, got out the linen and the dinner set and wrapped my Kris Kringle gift.  Printed out the questions (and answers) for the Christmas quiz and wrapped the very cheap little gifts that everyone can choose when they get some questions right.   I am sitting here with the lights on the Christmas tree winking and blinking and loving it.

Didn't sleep well last night so am off for a very early night - have some cooking to do tomorrow for Friday night.   We are not having particular Christmas food - just some lovely "Winter Wonderland" food - warming and comforting. Want to cook mine tomorrow cause casseroles and curries always taste much nicer the next day.    Everyone is cooking something and bringing it with them to share - it will be delightful.  It is really just a big excuse to get together. - I have my coffee in my Christmas mug and am listening to Christmas music too. 


By the way it is only 164 days until the real Christmas - can hardly wait.


Love and hugs,


"Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful."  


Norman Vincent Peale

No comments: