Saturday, July 24, 2010

Good Morning and welcome to Saturday

Another cold and grey grey day - no sunshine and no wind - just a very heavy pewter coloured sky.  I wasn't going to go out today but I did and bought myself a beautiful soft and fluffy pink dressing gown and it will be pressed into service this evening.  I have not ever felt the cold, but I sure am now.

Shops were quiet when I got there at opening time but had busied up a bit by the time I left.  Lots of children looking a little bleary eyed at having to be out shopping so early.

Weekends bring lots of sporting events here in Australia and I guess all over the world - which is delightful for those who share the passion.  I hope your team wins, whatever code you choose.

Just spent a very pleasant time with my younger daughter who cycled down to see me (she rides her bike everywhere and loves it.)

This afternoon I am going to watch some television and ride the exercise bike - the combination of both is wonderful.

I remember very well the long and quiet weekends in hospital when everything seemed slow and quiet - a totally different environment to the week days.

Have fun on your weekend.

Love and hugs,



"Be in the habit of getting up bright and early on the weekends. Why waste such precious time in bed?" 

 Marilyn vos Savant 

No comments: