Saturday, July 17, 2010

Good Morning on Saturday - a rather typical winter day with a shower or two, then clear skies and sunshine but the wind is very cold.

I am very very tired today - it was a lovely evening with my family around me but it was a much later night than I am used to lately.  We laughed and listened to lovely music - Naomi nearly caused a fire with a paper napkin and a candle.  She didn't and that's fine.  We had the usual spill of red wine but that was manageable too.   Of course there was lots of paper and mess.

  We answered Christmas quiz questions and chose gifts from a huge basket of them that I had put together.  All in all everyone seemed happy with their gifts - some were silly and some lovely and ones wanted and needed.  My Kris Kringle gift is a crime fiction book which I am going to enjoy. In the quiz games I received little muffin pans, combs, a fold up shopping bag.  It was lovely and I certainly enjoyed it and from the comments so did everyone.

Everything is packed up and put away - I set the dishwasher going before I finally crawled into bed and this morning didn't venture out of bed until after 8.30 and having cleaned up I shall not be doing much more today.  Seems a good afternoon to curl up with my book.

I looked at my kids and their partners and was pleased with what I saw - lovely mature young adults making their way in the world and showing care and compassion. They are my pride and joy.

Take care and enjoy your weekend however you spend it - I know I shall be spending mine very quietly but with lovely memories.

Love and hugs,




"Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family: Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one."



 Jane Howard 


No comments: