Sunday, July 18, 2010

Welcome to a wet and very grey Sunday morning.

The sky is very heavy with rain and it the rain has been falling steadily and quite gently for quite a few hours.  It is beautiful in its own way.  The leaves on the trees are shining and there are puddles everywhere.

It is days like this that make me wish for the days when I had little children around me - what nicer thing to do than to splash in puddles and play in the rain.   Then come inside get dry and warm and have hot chocolate.  Then snuggle up and read or play games.  A perfect winter Sunday.

That's what memories are for - to enable us to recall the times when those days were reality and we did indeed splash through puddles or ride our bikes through them.  I an almost hear the squeals of delight.  (mine as well as the kids!.)

I have decided that today is a day for housekeeping on my PC - getting rid of a lot of files I no longer need etc. etc.  I shall enjoy getting things back into some sort of order - but you can bet your boots during the week sometime I will be looking for something I have either moved or deleted.  

I stayed in bed reading, have now had breakfast, taken my medication and set out my tablets for the coming week.  Sunday morning regime - one I have grown quite fond of.  A time for me to give thanks that these tablets are helping to keep me alive and well.


Take care and enjoy whatever you do today in your little corner of the world.

Love and hugs,


"Most adults, unlike most children, understand the difference between a book that will hold them spellbound for a rainy Sunday afternoon and a book that will put them in touch with a part of themselves they didn't even know existed."



No comments: