Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Good Afternoon,

It is a windy day in Adelaide and very cold, but no rain and at times there are patches of blue sky.

Another "ordinary" day and how I love them. Another step forward too - after showering this morning I was able to stand up to dry and dress.  I have been sitting on the edge of the bed - but today was a big improvement.   I know its only a little thing but there is joy in the little things of life.

Received a lovely early birthday gift in the mail this morning.   A lovely fluffy hat to keep me warm during my early morning walks - thank you Janis it is lovely and such a thoughtful thing to do.   Happy trails to you and Alan as you set off on your camping holiday.  I wish you a safe journey, clear skies and some warmth.

My head is buzzing with thoughts and ideas for my writing and it sure is a long time since that happened and it brings great joy to me.   So my friends, watch this space for further details as they are transformed from thoughts and ideas into actual reality.

I just chatted to my elder daughter who is sick at the moment - she has always had a problem with her ears and a recent cold has really messed about with them this time.   She has the rest of the week off work and has to rest.  I remember many many sleepless nights when as a child she had ear infections.  It doesn't matter how old they are it still upsets me to see them ill.  
Get well soon Missy.

I noticed this morning again that the daylight hours are longer and in fact heard birds singing - a sure sign that spring is on the way.

Take care whatever you are doing and wherever you are - be safe, enjoy your day and a sweet and peaceful sleep be yours when bedtime comes for you.

Love and hugs,

"If you can't sleep, then get up and do something instead of lying there and worrying. It's the worry that gets you, not the loss of sleep."

Dale Carnegie










No comments: