Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Good Morning and welcome to Tuesday.
A beautiful day here in Adelaide - almost spring like.  The sun is shining, the birds are singing, the sky is blue and it isn't raining. Only thing spoiling the morning is my cat demanding attention - she just calls me until she gets what she wants.

I have my washing on the line drying in the wind so all is well in my little corner of the world.

I am waiting for mail from Flinders to give me exact date and time for my next E.R.C.P.to remove the stent that appears to not want to leave me. I will also have to have blood tests done prior to that - so I expect a blood form in the mail too. The staff are so cooperative it makes life very easy for me.

I have been doing a lot of reading lately and am up to the penultimate volume in the Alex Cross series by James Patterson - "Cross Country" and then I only have "Alex Cross's Trial" to read, but I do know that there is a new one coming out later in the year called "Cross Fire" so I shall look forward to that.

I am waiting for some books to arrive from The Book Depository - the first three of the Michael Bennett series also by James Patterson.

I am also enjoying the Lee Child series of books about Jack Reacher and got a few more to get before I have the complete series.  He too has a new book coming out in October - a follow up to "61 Hours" 

So there you have it - how I spend my sleepless nights with the three men currently in my life "Alex Cross", "Jack Reacher" and "Michael Bennett".

It really surprises me that I am enjoying these books - I used to prefer something much milder but since spending time in hospital and being introduced to this genre by a Patient Services Assistant, and being encouraged by my friend Stina - my reading has really taken off.  Stina and I were neck and neck in the Alex Cross series, but I have surged ahead but I have no doubt that she will catch up soon and I will be left behind.

I am glad I am a reader because I am never alone - I take my book wherever I go and can while away a few hours quite easily as I wait for appointments etc.



I have the petals from the almond tree like a carpet on my lawn and pathways - a sure sign of springtime.  It looks rather lovely.



What ever you are doing and wherever you are I send my love and care to you - be safe and enjoy every moment of your journey.

Love and hugs,


"He that loves a book will never want a faithful friend,a wholesome counselor, a cheerful companion, an effectual comforter.   By study, by reading, by thinking, one may innocently divert and pleasantly entertain himself, as in all weathers, as in all fortunes."

~ Barrow ~


No comments: