Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Good Morning on a wet winter Wednesday.

Today is 33 weeks since transplant and all goes well.  How blessed I am.  Each day that dawns brings a renewed appreciation of life and of the fact that the quality of my life is so improved.

I did receive the blood forms in the mail yesterday - I had no doubt they would come through in good time.

Today I have a busy day - off to an appointment at 10.10 and then home, grab some lunch and leave at 12.30 for a funeral in the Adelaide hills.  A really winter day in Adelaide so the weather will be worse up there.  I guess that takes care of my day - but I am grateful to be well enough to attend.  Vale Stephen - I wish you a peaceful journey.  I have many fond memories of the beautiful little boy you were and of the lovely man you became.

We have had very strong winds overnight and some rain, but the winds are forecast to continue for the next three days with showers, rather than rain being forecast.  Soon we will be complaining that the days are too hot and the wind will swing to the north and scorch every plant in the garden.   

I heard from a friend in Columbus (Indiana - USA) that although it is only August she is raking leaves, so it sounds as though "fall" is well on it's way in USA and that winter will be close on it's heels.  The weather patterns of the world are changing so much - the floods in Pakistan and the fires and extreme temperatures in Russia are almost impossible to comprehend.

I shall close now and get on with my busy day - wasn't a good night for sleeping with the wind whistling and howling, but I did get some reading done and was snug and warm.

Take care my friends and be safe.

Love and hugs,






I hear the wind among the trees Playing the celestial symphonies; I see the branches downward bent, Like keys of some great instrument.
 Author: Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Source: A Day of Sunshine (st. 3)

No comments: