Thursday, August 19, 2010

Today is Thursday and the morning has dawned bright and clear - the sun is shining but I swear there is ice in the wind.  The spring blossoms are everywhere and truly lovely - the avenue around the corner is lined with beautiful pink blossoms (Prunus Plum I think) and it is very pretty to drive or walk down there.  (It is pink so of course I would love it.)




Today is just another glorious and welcome ordinary day - I was extremely tired last night after our trip to the Hills for the funeral.  A very large crowd gathered to farewell this much loved and admired man.


We had dinner out and then it was off to bed for me - and more reading.  I finished my book and why do I always feel cheated when I have finished - it is like saying goodbye to a friend.  Doesn't take me long though to settle into another book and off I go again.

To those "Down Under" stay warm and safe and to those enjoying more warmth at the end of your summer - remember the sunblock and take care.

Be sure to enjoy and be grateful for this beautiful world, and another ordinary day.

Love and hugs,


"Blossoms are scattered by the wind and the wind cares nothing, but the blossoms of the heart no wind can touch." 

1 comment:

Aletha said...

Yes not looking forward to Winter fall is good