Friday, August 20, 2010

Hi there and welcome to Friday and the weekend is on the horizon.  I have a busy couple of day - lunch with my daughter and her partner on Saturday and then Sunday afternoon a girl's outing to the movies to see Angelina Jolie in "SALT."   I really don't mind what I see, as long as I can have an ice cream.


We did see "Inception" a couple of weeks ago and I am still trying to completely figure that one out - lots of action. 

Today is a typical spring day - bright sunshine and clear skies and then suddenly it goes grey and down comes the rain.  We have had some very heavy showers and hopefully by the end of the month we will have reached the average rainfall for the month of August.


I have been cooking for lunch tomorrow so that when they get here I am not stuck in the kitchen and can spend time with them.  I just have to finish off a pot of soup which we will have with some lovely crusty bread.


On putting things in the fridge I managed to knock over a very large jar of Dill Pickles and of course it fell out of the fridge and onto the tiled floor and shattered.  So there is more room in the fridge now and a newly mopped floor.

I went to have breakfast with my work team and it is lovely to be welcomed so warmly and to spend time in the company of friends.  The older I get the more I value my women friends - laughing with me, crying with me and cheering me on from the sidelines.

So all is well in my little corner of the world and I send you happy thoughts and love for your Friday evening/Friday morning - whenever night or daytime comes for you.

I wish you always..............
A sunbeam to warm you
A moonbeam to charm you
A sheltering angel so nothing can harm you.


Love and hugs,







I cannot even imagine where I would be today
 were it not for that handful of friends
 who have given me a heart full of joy.
Let's face it, friends make life a lot more fun. 

Charles R. Swindoll

2 comments:

Unknown said...

*sending you love and gentle hugs*

Aletha said...

Oh have a wonderful time with the family and friends and give the recipe for soup Please