Sunday, August 29, 2010

Good Morning on a beautiful Sunday morning - there is more than a hint of spring in the air - the sky is bluer, the light is different and the birds are singing.

Welcome to my world - I had a very restless night and was out here checking PC and having a warm drink between two and three.   I did think of doing the laundry then but changed my mind, went back to bed and read a while.  It seems that restless nights are to be my companion and I just have to live with that.  Again - that's okay.  But it would be nice to drift off into that sweet and peaceful sleep that I remember.   Lots has changed in my life - even my sleeping position has changed - strange really (maybe it's all those nights in a hospital bed.)  It is during those long and sleepless nights that the gremlins get in and are hard to shake off.  I try to be so positive but those little gremlins chew away at me during the dark hours and there are often tears. But, morning comes and as I said today is truly lovely.

Sharing with you something I wrote a few years ago about my nights.


THE NIGHT AND ME

It is four in the morning
And the night has been so long,
Sleep has not been my companion
And in my heart there is no song.
If my pillow could talk
What tales it would recall
Of the long and lonely hours
And the tears that often fall.

In this quiet early stillness
I often find release,
Waiting for the morning ~
Hoping to find some peace.
I love the velvet darkness
And morning peeping through,
The crisp cool of an early morning
A full moon shining too.

Soon will come the morning noises
As the birds begin to cheep
And I shall hear my neighbours
As they wake up from their sleep.
The newspaper will be delivered
With a wave from the Paper man ~
A cheery bright “Good Morning”
As he drives off in his van.

Soon car engines will be started
And will travel down my street,
I shall hear the children’s laughter
And the tramp of little feet.
Soon another day will be started
With lots to do and see,
But I cherish the time I spend
When it’s just the night and me.
  

©  Linda J. Vaughan
7th. April 2004



I am still a little sore, but better than yesterday so that is good too. I will hear very soon from the Transplant Coordinators when my next E.R.C.P. is to be (in case you are wondering E.R.C.P. stands for 
"Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography"
try saying that in a hurry.  The abbreviation is much easier.

I will see both of my daughters today - at different times unfortunately, but it will be lovely to see them.  Hopefully Rebecca is feeling better and Naomi, I know is much relieved to have finished rather a large block of study.  It is always lovely to see them and see the beautiful young women they have become.

I am off out shortly for a little while (can't waste this beautiful day).  I will drive down to the river and take a walk there.  With all the rain we have had everything is so green and lovely, but soon that harsh and severe sun will shine and we will be wishing for winter days.

Take care and enjoy your Sunday however you spend it, wherever you are in this beautiful world.  "This is the day that the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it."

I have so much to be thankful for.

Love and hugs,




No sight is more provocative of awe than is the night sky

No comments: