Monday, August 23, 2010

Good Morning on a Monday - and it sure is a day for having the "Monday Blues" - can't believe the difference in the weather from yesterday.   Today is grey grey grey and drizzling rain - can imagine lots of people heading off to work feeling a little out of sorts.  Still yesterday was glorious - sunny and bright.

I left home very early to be at the hospital for blood tests before there were lots of people around - two reasons for going early.  Firstly I don't like sitting around waiting and secondly it means I avoid lots of people and therefore avoid (as much as I can) the risk of infection.

Had coffee at "Lizzies" and read for a while in the warm before heading home in the still drizzling rain.

I don't really have a lot that I have to do today so will be spending the time inside and being warm.

I did enjoy the movies yesterday (SALT) - I enjoyed being out and about, the movie was lots of action but most of all it was great to be in the company of friends.  Another thing I enjoyed was my "Butter Bliss" ice cream - yummmy - butterscotch with chocolate top.

I had coffee with my friends after the movie and it was good to just sit and chat a while.

Angelina Jolie played a good role and apparently did a lot of the stunts herself and there were lots of them - there was lots of shooting and lots of jumping from cars to trucks and getting down lift shafts (elevator for my US friends.)  It was nice to become lost in the movie for a while.

There was a wonderful advertisement for "Johnnie Walker" whisky on prior to to the film - obviously filmed in Scotland and it truly was worth watching.  Click on the link below and watch it - it is six minutes long but I loved it - but then I really like Robert Carlyle.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eulOLe0spao

I am almost at the end of my book "Alex Cross's "Trial" and now wait patiently for the release of the new one "Cross Fire" in November.

Enjoy your evening/morning and make the best of the weather Mother Nature turns on for you.  A sweet and peaceful rest be yours when nighttime comes for you and for those battling with the things of daily living - just be gentle with yourself and "Don't sweat the small stuff."


Love and hugs,






"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain." 

Dolly
Parton 


No comments: