Sunday, August 22, 2010

Well here we are on Sunday morning - the sun is shining and the sky is blue and what a complex situation we have following our Federal Election.


The result has brought about some very big surprises and a lot of changes and yet we still don't have a result - we have a "hung" Parliament which means that there is going to be lots of discussion between the few Independent Members and the two major Parties to work out who can and will form Government, and it will be a few days before we have a result.  In the meantime Julia Gillard still maintains her position as Prime Minister of a Caretaker Government.


I am very disappointed but not downhearted - it is another day and for those of us who feel we have been slapped around we need to make the commitment to work towards the next Election and make sure we have a victory then.  I guess it becomes a blame game now - and while we don't have a clear majority we fought the good fight.

I am proud to live in Australia and value the system of Democracy we have.

I think a lot of damage was done by former Members of Parliament encouraging people to vote informally and for me I am still with Julia.




I am well and looking forward to a great day - it will be a day of much discussion with those I meet and I have no doubt my younger daughter will be here soon to bemoan the situation.

My health is good and I am off for blood tests tomorrow prior to admission to Hospital on Thursday - it is wonderful that the results are sent through by computer - the wonders of technology - never fails to astound me.

I am off to the Movies this afternoon and am looking forward to that and catching up with Narelle, Ilona and Dianne.

Stay safe and enjoy whatever you are up to - this is the weekend - make the most of it.

Love and hugs,

Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be.  

Sydney J. Harris

No comments: