Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Good Afternoon - I am late today.  A busy start and an early one too - I had to be at the Dentist at Flinders for an 8.30.a.m. appointment.   It was wonderful to see Liz and to feel the care and delight in my general health.  She said my mouth is looking healthy which is a good thing.  My experience with Stevens Johnson Syndrome makes using medication difficult because no one is sure how my system will react.  Liz decided to put a "patch" on a tooth without any medicating at all - and it was fine.  More good news is that she doesn't want to see me for another six months. So that beautiful Diary I have bought for 2011 may not be as full as this years has been. 

Of course the diary is a very pretty pink.

I checked the post office early to see if my new sewing machine had arrived - no such luck.  Maybe tomorrow and then I can get busy sewing some new tablecloths and doing some mending.

I didn't sleep very well again - but did do a lot of reading - I had watched "Four Corners" on ABC1 last night regarding the hidden epidemic of prescription drugs.
Oxycontin and Endone are both tablets I took for a while during my hospital stay, so I am lucky there is no addiction for me.  Addiction is getting to be a very serious problem and lots of dependent people are visiting lots of Doctors and obtaining prescriptions for  tablets that way.  Fortunately I am off all pain killers with just a very occasional Paracetamol after a procedure.

I am taking lots of other tablets and have no idea if they are addictive - but I shall go on taking them until someone changes the regime or tells me to stop.  Like I said the other day "monitored often and medicated well."

The weather today is very cool but sunny and not much wind about - we are forecast to have 25 degrees by the weekend. Which is 77 Fahrenheit.  I would be delighted if that could be the temperature for the whole of summer as I am not a heat loving girl.  Besides which my transplant scar wouldn't look very good in a bikini - hehehehehehe!

No news from England - they are probably trying to cram as much as they can into their last few days.  They are probably busy trying to pack and freight books home before they are due to leave Heathrow late on Sunday and be home here by lunchtime on next Tuesday.  Just a week to wait. It is our turn to do the Airport run as Nick's parents took them for their outward journey.

Our student is keeping her head down and getting assignments in on time.

No more news for today - may it be a great day for you.  May you find friendship and love and care in the smiles of friends.

Love and hugs,


"A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked." 

 Bernard Meltzer.













No comments: