Tuesday, September 7, 2010



Good Morning to you from Adelaide on this beautiful beautiful day - the sun is shining and everything seems fine.   It is a special day for me - my birthday and special because it is a day I didn't think I was going to live to see.

Well, here I am alive and doing very well post transplant.

This is a day to acknowledge my Donor and his/her family for the gift of life.  To the entire medical team at Flinders my sincere thanks for all you did for me (and continue to do).  This is a bonus birthday - and you all played a part in bringing this about.   To my family and friends (my back up team) thank you for all you did and are still doing.  For your careful and prayerful support I say - Thanks a bunch.

I have been to TQEH for blood tests this morning and indulged myself in a coffee at Lizzie's - a good start to what I hope will be a great day.

There is no more to say on a day like this - but thank you one and all.

Love and hugs,



"The best birthdays of all are those that haven't arrived yet." 

Robert Orben

No comments: