Monday, September 6, 2010

Welcome to Monday and here in Adelaide a world sighing calmly after the storm, the earth is wet and everything looks lovely.  Where the sunlight is touching the roses and other plants there are diamond drops of water on the leaves.  It is truly a beautiful world.

In other parts of Australia they have not been so lucky and have experienced damage from winds and lots of flooding.  Lots of people have been evacuated from their homes - ughh I can't imagine cleaning the mud up after such an extreme event.

Across the Tasman Sea our New Zealand friends in Christchurch are having a rough time with an earthquake on early Saturday morning and now the extreme damaging winds causing more damage.  Fortunately there were no fatalities there - the timing of the event would have brought that about.  Had it been on a busy workday the story would have been very different.  To my Kiwi friends my heart goes out to you and I shall hold you close in heart and thought.

Here in Adelaide I am doing fine - a little weary but well and enjoying being able to do things - some of them are small things but we know that
"from little things big things grow."

I have to make up my tablets for the week and that brings an awareness of how quickly the weeks are passing - just for your information - and don't scream at me please - it is 110 days to Christmas.


Take care as you settle into another working week with all the hustle and bustle it brings - lunches to get, kids to get to school and all that paper work that didn't get done on Friday.  For my nursing friends - another group of patients and hopefully improvement for those you are caring for.

Love and hugs,


(I really did enjoy some of your music last night Bill - thank you.)




After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.


Aldous Huxley
 (1894 - 1963)
"Music at Night", 1931

No comments: