Friday, September 24, 2010



It is a beautiful sunny day here in Adelaide and the sky is clear and a beautiful blue with not a cloud in sight.  A day to be relished and enjoyed.

After my last post I did go back to bed and did get some sleep, but was still awake quite early this morning.  I am in the routine of taking medication at 6.30 and I guess my internal clock wakes me for that.  I didn't get up straight away today but was all done with breakfast by 7.45.a.m.  

I was so glad to come home yesterday - to sleep in my own little bed - all in all yesterday was a good day.  The procedure went well and swiftly too and I came home.  Such a nice feeling to be well enough to come home and resume my life - not quite normally yet.  John took me shopping this morning and I am sore enough to let him push the trolley.  He did all the lifting of groceries etc. - such a rock to depend on.

I did lots of thinking when I couldn't sleep - and I don't know if that is all good, because it is at night that the "gremlins" get in and thoughts can often become troubled and confused. 

 But in the clear light of a beautiful day I am back on track - ready to take on the challenges that my changed life brings.  I want to stridently and strongly tackle any hurdles and find joy and beauty all around me - to just wallow in the sheer joy of being alive.

  I had a lovely chat with a nurse yesterday and she said "upright and breathing" is the way to face life.  She was a little distressed because her 18 year old son has chosen to join the Army and had his interview of five hours yesterday.  She is feeling the fear that mothers over the ages have felt.  She wants him to be happy doing whatever he chooses, but he is still her "baby" and she is scared for him.  It was nice that she shared that with me.

My own "baby" is in the middle of a huge assessment period with her study and has her head down and tail up - and she is working hard.  I wish her success because she deserves it.

I spoke to my "older baby" in London late yesterday and she was delighted to hear from me and to know that things had gone so well.  They had no idea what they were going to do yesterday and the rain was tumbling down.

I thought about lots of you overnight - Narelle with a heart that's aching and a grief that doesn't seem to be easing.  Vicki struggling with her second wave of chemo and all the nausea and pain it brings.  My sweet Megan who maintains a serenity in spite of difficulties.  Cheryl in Indiana who waits anxiously for the birth of a great Granddaughter, Suzie who works so hard and loves her kids so passionately - please take care of yourselves.

   All of you - whether you are in Chicago or Charters Towers, Kentucky or Kingaroy, Indiana or Indroopilly, Boston or Brisbane, Manhattan or Melbourne, Pittsburgh or Perth, Denver or Darwin, Seattle or Sydney, Hartford or Hobart,  Atlanta or Adelaide.  A full moon is shining over this night and it is the same moon that shines on all of us - I shall think of you all when I see the moon tonight and when I count my blessings I count you twice.

Have a wonderful time anticipating a wonderful weekend.

Love and hugs,


"Soon as the evening shades prevail, The moon takes up the wondrous tale, And nightly to the listening earth Repeats the story of her birth." 

Author: Joseph Addison




No comments: