Saturday, September 25, 2010

Welcome to the weekend - a big weekend in the sporting life of Australia - it is the Grand Final of the Australian  Football League.  This year there are two teams from Victoria trying to win the cup - Collingwood and St. Kilda and I am hoping the Saints will come marching in with the cup.

Go The Saints !


I really am not a football girl, but we are having a family lunch with typical football food (pies, hot dogs etc.) and just to be part of it all I am dressed in black slacks, white tee top and red jacket.  Tragic I know !


I am still doing fine - sore and uncomfortable but that's okay means I am alive and feeling things.  Medication all taken and a couple of pain killers a bit later will mean I am able to enjoy lunch and watching the game with the crew.

The weather today is nice - crisp and cool early but shaping up to be a sunny and  dry day - Melbourne (where the football match is) has rain forecast for the afternoon.  That could change things around a bit.

It is great for me to be well enough to be part of things like this and enjoy them again - for the last couple of years I have been there but not well enough to really join in or enjoy - so today's the day.

I will be ringing Rebecca as soon as the final siren sounds to tell her the results - she wants the Saints to win too but Naomi is pulling for Collingwood, so she will be dressed in black and white.  Both girls really love and enjoy the football Rebecca and John's team is the Adelaide Crows and Naomi supports her beloved Demons (Melbourne) and Nick and Alexis support Port Power - and me I a Hawthorn girl.   So we have all had to choose another team for this game.  It is only a game but brings lots of fun to lots of people.

I hope you enjoy your Saturday - following your sport, watching your little ones play, visiting with family, catching a move or however you spend your leisure time.  To those who have to work at the weekend - try to enjoy whatever you have to do and I wish you a calm and peaceful day.

I wish you all sunshine and laughter, peace and plenty, stars in your sky and music in your world.

Take special care and stay safe.

Love and hugs,


"Winning is overrated.  The only time it is really important is in surgery and war. "

Al McGuire



No comments: