Sunday, September 26, 2010

Welcome to a peaceful Sunday morning - cool and quiet.  I hope it is peaceful where you are.

Well yesterday's sporting even ended up being a draw - at the final siren both teams were locked on 68 points and they get to do it all again next Saturday - I am guessing that the function managers and caterers and Melbourne Ground Management are rubbing their hands together at the thought of another huge amount of money.  There were over 100,000 people there and if most of them choose to go back next week I guess the airlines will be doing a roaring trade too.

It was a strange feeling - everyone was stunned - no-one knew what to say or do - when I rang Rebecca in London - she was a little miffed to think that she had missed a draw.  Naomi and Alexis will be in Melbourne next weekend and were very pleased that they had booked their accommodation earlier in the week.
 There will be all sorts of events on again so those two will be able to be part of something.   Alexis flies to Melbourne this morning and Naomi on Friday - we are on the airport run for both of them.

We had a lovely lunch and watched the game - I tried to do some knitting but couldn't settle to it - so I ended up watching too.

The sky is grey this morning but we are promised a day of sunshine and light winds with a temperature slightly higher than it has been recently.

Not sure what the day holds for me after the airport - but I will find something to do and enjoy.  It is amazing how much lighter the mornings are and the days are lengthening - it is still light at 6.00.p.m. now.  The seasons roll on and each day brings a movement in the circle. 

Our schools are on holidays for two weeks and no doubt nice weather will please lots of people.  Our roads will be quieter but shops busier - this is the last break before Christmas which, by the way is only 90 days away.  Friends tell me that Christmas has arrived in our shops and I have yet to discover that delight - I could even do that today.

What a joy it is to have days where nothing is planned and which just evolve, and to come to the end of such a day with a feeling of warmth and contentment.  I do have restless moments, but generally I am content with a good quality of life - monitored often,  medicated well and supported prayerfully and carefully by family and friends.  For this I say Thank you.

I have laundry to hang out and a few other things today before a 9.30.a.m.start to take Miss Alexis to the airport for her flight to Melbourne for a conference and to spend time with her brother.

So I leave you now with happy thoughts of you and wishes that your day will bring you joy, fun and a sense of achievement as you spend with your family or friends.

The sun is breaking through the clouds now - so that's another nice thing to add to the list.

Take special care of special you.

Love and hugs,




"Cheerfulness and contentment are great beautifiers and are famous preservers of youthful looks."



Charles Dickens
I am hanging on to that quote !!

No comments: