Thursday, September 16, 2010


A sunny Thursday here in Adelaide and a busy day for me.  Well not so much busy as that I have to go out to Flinders to the Pre Admissions clinic this afternoon - be there by two and it will take about two hours to have all the meetings with Doctors, Anaesthetists, nurses - be weighed and have blood pressure done etc. and my medications checked.  I shall take my book and I imagine that I will get some good reading time - I usually do.

It is a great idea - makes admission on the morning of the procedure much smoother and the blood tests I have locally will be with them by admission day.

At Clinic on Friday my Doctor did some tweaking of medication and increased the medication for high blood pressure and since then I have been having a few dizzy spells - so will mention that this afternoon.  Nothing very drastic but enough to make me feel uncomfortable about it.

The high blood pressure I believe is caused by the anti-rejection medication so it is a complicated issue - I leave it all in the hands of my Doctor.

I have started another blog to share things which inspire or indulge me - called 

"Linspiration and Lindulgence" 


I hope it will be a place where I can share things that inspire and indulge me - music, books, movies, recipes. Beautiful things I see or hear, funny snippets that make up life.  Please call by there and share with me the things that inspire and indulge you.  Leave a comment and let me know you have been there.    It is still a work in progress and I am hoping it will bring smiles and tenderness to all.

Please also keep in touch with "Musings from my Heart" that will keep you up to date on my health and progress post transplant.

Wherever you are - be safe and well and enjoy this beautiful day/night.


Love and hugs,



Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.
If you're alive, it isn't.  




Richard Bach




No comments: