Tuesday, October 19, 2010







Good Evening from a beautiful Adelaide - it has been a lovely day weather wise - clear blue sky, light breeze and glorious sunshine.

I went for my blood tests this morning and ran into trouble as they couldn't get the blood they needed - so they made a phone call to their Central Headquarters and decided that they could use one sample for two tests.  I let the girls at the Transplant Coordinators Office know and heard back from them late this afternoon with the news that they are still waiting for the level of Tacrolimus in my blood.   Apart from that the rest of the tests were in and "all looks very healthy."    Music to my ears - for so many months the blood tests were awful - low on so many counts - so this was a lovely message to receive from Libby.

I always feel a little flat after blood tests and an early start so it will be early to bed for me - I will read though.

I had a lovely afternoon shopping and was able to find delightful Christmas Decorations for the girls - what joy that brought.

Email from Melinda tells me she will enjoy doing the jig saw puzzles with the children - so they are off to live at the Farm at Jamestown.

Thoughtful Tuesday has me thinking of so many things.  How my life has changed and the fight that so many others have to go through waiting for transplant - some people die while waiting.  I was blessed indeed.  I have been thinking of those who are grieving - it takes as long as it takes and in it's early days is so raw and painful. Remember to be kinder than you have to be because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
Keep fighting Vicki we are here cheering you on.

I have just been listening to the news and at a Conference in Perth (Western Australia) the Government has apologised to the unmarried Mothers whose babies were forcefully taken from them for adoption between the 1940's to
1980's.  I can't imagine the pain and agony of having to give up a child - we have certainly changed our opinions and do things so differently now.

Christchurch, New Zealand has just had another earthquake (an aftershock following the huge quake they had last month.)  There have been about 2,000 after shocks.  Seems to be very unstable there at the moment.

Wherever you are in this beautiful world and whatever time of day or night it is, I hope you are safe and well and enjoying life.

Take care and be happy.

Love and hugs,



      “Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect.
 It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections."





2 comments:

Aletha said...

I am happy to here that your blood work is going very well and I do not know Vicki but let her know I will light a candle for her and say a prayer for her also is glad you got two gifts for Christmas I have not even done that yet Hummmmmmmm will have to think on that. Have a Good day or Good evening when you read this.

Diane said...

Good News !! so happy for you. Its a beautiful day here as well sunny and in the 60s no complaint here. Have a great day talk later..

Hugs From Me..