Thursday, October 7, 2010

Hello there - a much later post for me today.  I am out of bed later than normal too.   Had visitors for a meal and just before I head off to bed I thought I would send a few words through.

I slept much better last night than I have done for a long time - I think sorting out this sewing room is what did it - I was aching and so very tired when I did get to bed.  No much reading done either. I was awake and up at 5.30 this morning though.

I have been working in the bedroom I am turning into a sewing/craft area and looking forward to finishing it.  Just a few more cupboards to go through and then getting my younger daughter to collect the things she has left behind - and I will be set.  I have some tablecloths to make for every day use and some mending to get done before I start any new projects.  I haven't done any serious sewing for quite a few years and am looking forward to having the machine out ready where I can just leave it and go back when I am ready.  I hope it works out the way I want it to.   I did find some Christmas fabric I had forgotten I had so there's an incentive as there are only 78 days until Christmas.



I am feeling well although this is a tired time of day for me, as soon as I finish this post I shall be off to bed.

Today has been national RUOK Day here in Australia - check out this link and learn what "Are You Okay?" is all about.


I think it is a great idea - anything we can do to reduce the suicide rate is worth trying.

I hope that you "Are Okay" and that life is good to you in your little corner of the world.  I hope you feel loved and respected and that you can share some of that love and respect with those who cross your path today.

With love and hugs,


"In most cases, suicide is a solitary event and yet it has often far-reaching repercussions for many others. It is rather like throwing a stone into a pond; the ripples spread and spread".


ALISON WERTHEIMER




No comments: