Saturday, November 13, 2010

A BUSY SATURDAY




Welcome to the weekend and I hope for you that it is pleasant and calm.  I have had a busy morning shopping with family and again this afternoon for some craft supplies for me for Christmas.  I did very well and got the things I wanted in the colours I wanted - a nice feeling.

Today has been cool and cloudy - and we have had some rain, but fortunately the rain held off for our Christmas Pageant - lots of excited children in this fair City as Santa arrived in town this morning.  Six weeks from now it will be Christmas Day - isn't that exciting?

I am having trouble believing how quickly the weeks are going by with so much to do and to enjoy.   

A dinner out next Saturday to celebrate the birthdays of two friends - that will be lovely - and I shall have to have a few early nights to cope with the lateness of that event.

I expect the weather to be warming up soon - compared to last year it is very cool - but then the weather world wide seems to be a little out of control.

I plan to do some sewing this week and get my table organized for Christmas - tablecloth, centre pieces to make and serviette rings to finish - I love doing all that sort of thing and am looking forward to seeing the over all effect of the purple and gold I have selected for this year.

I guess I could go and start sewing now but that is something I like to do early in the day when I am fresh, it will all be done in time and look great.

I hope that your plans for the Festive Season are in hand and that you enjoying making preparations seeing them all come together.

I have now found five little tomatoes on my plant and some of my red petunias are starting to bloom - that's about as far as I go with gardening, but I am looking forward to home grown tomatoes.

Have a wonderful weekend - if it is already underway for you - take care and be safe  (particularly if you are in Adelaide and the roads are wet and slippery) and if you are sleeping your way to the weekend I hope by the time you read this you are ready to enjoy your Saturday and Sunday.

I am doing okay - taking my tablets and resting when I feel the need to - but generally I am so much better and am able to do lots more things, which brings a smile to my face.  I am very blessed.

Love and hugs to you all,

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Ev'rywhere you go;
Take a look in the five and ten glistening once again
With candy canes and silver lanes aglow.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Toys in ev'ry store
But the prettiest sight to see is the holly that will be
On your own front door. 


No comments: