Thursday, November 11, 2010

THANKFUL THURSDAY IS HERE AGAIN

Good morning and welcome to Thursday morning in my little corner of the world. A beautiful sunny morning with the promise of a very warm day - almost hot and to be expected with summer on the way.

It is a little different than this time last year when we were experiencing extreme hot weather with a temperature of 45 degrees (113) for our Christmas Pageant. There was talk of cancelling the Parade, but it went ahead but attendance was very much lower than normal.
I was in hospital so missed that heat wave.

Our Pageant is on This coming Saturday and the forecast is for for 20 degrees (68) and showers - a bit different.  The world weather patterns are very strange.

This link will show you details of our Christmas Pageant which is very much a tradition here in the beautiful State of South Australia.


Enjoy a visit to that site and get your Christmas excitement going.

Thankful Thursday brings me to the things that have been on my heart this week and there are many.

These are the things on my "Thankful Thursday" list this week:

For a new job for Alexis - one that is giving her great pleasure.

Birthdays - a time to celebrate life.

For the excitement and joy that Christmas brings and the anticipation and preparation time.

For laughter and love - they make life sweet indeed.

For friends who quietly and gently watch over me.

For the fact that I have managed a few nights without "baby bedtime"

For the joy that a "just for gift" brings - it meant my friend thought of me.

For beautiful music that soothes my soul.

For the fact that I have tomatoes on my bush - tiny little things, but they are there and they brought a big smile to me this morning.

There are so many other things I could list and I do list them in my heart.

Try to find things to be thankful for - big or small and list them and you will learn how much you are blessed.

Off to enjoy this glorious day and do some watering of my plants - my tomato is doing well and so too are my red petunias in some green pots ready for Christmas.  Big smile here.

Love and hugs,



"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them."

John F. Kennedy

No comments: