Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hi there on Tuesday evening - the days are just flying by - and tomorrow it is 45 weeks since my transplant and that excites me - almost at a year now and how different my life has been.

It is very different in that I have to take things slowly and rest when I need tom but I no longer struggle to breathe, no longer have feet like footballs and toes like little sausages.

My skin has suffered at the hands of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome, but it is still doing its job and holding my insides in and my bikini days were well and truly over long before that.

There are parts of my legs and arms which feel a little numb all the time, but that's livable and I do get tired when I push the boundaries and stay up later.
I went to the airport last night to collect friends from a trip to Melbourne and that meant I was later to bed and today has been a very slow day.  It has been a warm day and that makes me sleepy too.   Narelle and Ilona seem to have had a wonderful few days away and very much enjoyed the Titanic exhibition which has now finished.

I have been sewing and enjoying it too - making a new tablecloth for Christmas and also a set of serviette rings to match.  I have also already made another tablecloth.  This machine is fine and I like being able to leave it in 
"Linda's Lair" which is what I have called my new sewing room.

I shall be off to bed very soon - I am reading the new James Patterson book - Cross Fire and will enjoy a few chapters before I cast off the mooring ropes and drift off on the dream tide.

Enjoy your lovely day if morning is coming for you and to those in the Southern Hemisphere I wish you a sweet and peaceful sleep.

Be gentle with yourselves and I hope there are no clouds in your sky.

Love and hugs,


1 comment:

Diane said...

Nice to see you are doing so well. I didnt know you were so craft. It's good to have a hobby, I feel sorry for people that dont they dont know what they are missing. Enjoy your day.

Hug's From Me
Diane Louise