Saturday, November 6, 2010

Good Afternoon it is warm and sunny in Adelaide - a great day for drying laundry. I had my bed linen on the line and my towels in the washing machine before I went out.   Got home, brought in linen and pegged out towels - such a beautiful drying day.   The bed linen smells great and the towels are soft and fluffy and warm.  It is so good when the weather is like this.  I almost want to just wash things so that they will smell nice when I bring them in.

I spent some time with Grace and Henry who are down for the weekend and that was a good start to the day.Then I went shopping - groceries were on the list but I did that last.  I went and bought a new book -The latest in the Alex Cross Series by James Patterson - called 'CROSS FIRE' and I really should hide it because I keep going back to it and reading a few more pages.

I have been cutting fabric this afternoon - I needed a very large piece to cover the sofa/divan in my sewing room and it was cheaper to buy a King Size sheet set , use the flat sheet and then find something to do with the fitted sheet.
It is my intention to turn the fitted sheet into a table cloth and I have trimmed off the elastic corners and the edge pieces and have ended up with what will be a very good sized table cloth.   This is in a lovely purple so I am planning my Christmas table with purple and gold.  I will sew that tomorrow along with a cushion for Rebecca.

I am going to have dinner with Melinda,Damon and the children so I am looking forward to that. It is lovely to hear their chitter chatter and to bring home paintings and drawings for the fridge door.

The warmer days are lovely and I would really like it to stop now - this is hot enough for me - that's not going to happen though so like everyone else I just have to deal with it.

However you spend your weekend be sure to enjoy and try to spread some sunshine by smiling at people - it does work - well mostly it does.

Take care and be safe.

Love and hugs,



Pink is the color of romance and a friend tells me that the girl with the pink dress at the party is the one who is selected for each dance.




No comments: