Friday, November 5, 2010

Good Afternoon - a glorious Friday here in Adelaide - sunshine and gentle breezes - mmmmmm beautiful.

I have had a busy day today - a little bit of gardening which involved planting a tomato plant in a big tub and hoping for special home grown tomatoes by summer.  I have also planted Petunias in hanging baskets (Red Regatta in green pots - should look nice for Christmas.

This afternoon after a dear dear friend mowed my lawns, I have spray painted my outside table and chairs (patio setting) and it looks great. I am very happy with it.   So all in all at Chez Linda - its been a great day.



I am not a gardener but do like to have a few things in pots and have parsley, oregano and some capsicums too. It keeps me out of mischief.

It is my intention over the weekend to paint my mail box in the black paint - so another job underway.   It brings me such joy to be able to do these things again - they have been neglected because I haven't been well and my family have been too worried and travelling to and from hospital and busy with their own lives.

Another Christmas gift arrived in the mail today Oh the joys of shopping on line - this one came gift wrapped - wonderful service from Peter's of Kensington in Sydney.  Christmas is alive and well and living in my heart and I am enjoying all the preparations.   I am doing things slowly and easily and it is making the joy last.

My new replacement sewing machine arrived today so over the weekend I shall also try to so dome sewing.  I actually sound quite domesticated don't I ?

I will have to do some shopping tomorrow - groceries and also some more petunias - I should have bought four punnets not two - and there is a book out that I want to purchase - "Cross Fire" by James Patterson (an Alex Cross Novel) so I seem to have my weekend sorted out rather well.

I hope you are able to enjoy your weekend and the things you do.
Spend time with special people and be sure they know you love them.



Love and hugs,


"Where flowers bloom so does hope."

Lady Bird Johnson, Public Roads: Where Flowers Bloom

1 comment:

Diane said...

Sounds like you are enjoying your Spring in Australia. Planting and sprucing up your patio set it looks so adorable.... Its always a nice lift from a long winter. I'm bringing my special plants in for the winter and your planting, I love it.. LOL
Enjoy