Thursday, November 4, 2010

HERE WE ARE AT THANKFUL THURSDAY

It is Thursday again and the sun is shining in my little corner of the world, although it is still quite cold and I don't mind the cold a bit - I am dreading summer.  Never mind - I will cope.

The weeks are going very fast and here we are at Thursday again - Thankful Thursday and I could blog all day about things to be thankful for.

For friendship and the opportunity to share special times and celebrations with friends.

That I am able to take friends to the airport for their weekend away.

That I feel excited about Christmas - last year I was too ill and was filled with dread that it may be my last Christmas and here I am alive and well.

That I have found the joys of "Blogging" it takes time and I enjoy it and I am glad for the Facebook friends I have met and the chance it gives me to promote organ donation and to make contact with other recipients and donors all over the world.  Facebook has been a door to the world for me in this regard.

Again I am thankful for the technology - such things as audio books, allow me to blog away and listen to the works of writers I love and enjoy.

Today I have spent time on a new venture of mine - a work in progress - a blog to share the joys of Christmas with my friends and the world.

http://haveyourselfamerrylittlechristmas.blogspot.com

Call by and visit and send me ideas and I shall include them.  Special memories of a Christmas past etc etc.

Today is a special birthday for my friend Narelle - a special big birthday with a 0 at the end of it.   Happy Birthday Rella - may love and laughter be your companions in the coming year and I wish you always:

A sunbeam to warm you
A moonbeam to charm you 
A sheltering angel so nothing can harm you.

I am well and yesterday was 44 weeks since transplant - my how those weeks have flown - and so too has the time since I came home from hospital.  Lots of them were days and weeks of struggle but the struggle is much less now and the zest for life much more.  I am truly blessed. I am medicated well and monitored often.

Take it easy in your little corner of the world - may the sun shine for you, the moon charm you and a sweet and peaceful sleep be yours when night time comes.

Love and hugs,




"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."


Guatama Buddha


No comments: