Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Good Evening from Australia and from me - Oh boy what a day.

I didn't sleep very well last night and when morning came I lay in bed a little longer wondering what I would do today.  I thought perhaps I should take a look at my Diary - and I am glad I did.

9.15 I had an appointment at the Hairdresser - so it was out of bed and into the shower and out of the door.  I was on time and spent a lovely time with the girls  who very very full of the "Melbourne Cup".  They ran a sweep for the race and the horses I drew must still be running I think.

I did hear the race on my car radio and the winner was not the favourite I blogged about yesterday, but was a French horse with French Jockey named
"Americaine"


"Americaine" Winner 2010



Congratulations from the Jockey of the 
second place "Maluckyday"

The fashions of the field were interesting - some very classy and some - well shall I say not so classy - and those girls would have been very cold when the heavy rain and cold wind came.  They would have been frozen in their little strapless dresses. Vanity vanity.!!


I have been on the run all day and will be glad to get into bed and shake of the hustle of the day, but my heart is very thankful that I am well enough to be out and about and doing things.  I live because of my Liver Transplant and
I am grateful.

Wherever you are and however you are spending your evening/your morning/your day - be safe and well and find pleasure in the company of friends and family.

It is a busy birthday time for me around this time of year - Happy Birthday Diane - I hope you had a wonderful day off work and a special day out.

Love and hugs,




"Your birthday is a special time to celebrate the gift of 'you' to the world."

Anonymous


1 comment:

Diane said...

Do you think your horse stopped running yet? that was so funny. LOL
Thank for the share Linda.
We vote today here in the US, I dont like who's running this time so it will be hard to pick, almost tempted not to but I will.. have a good what ever the time of day is..
Hugs From Me
D.L