Monday, November 1, 2010

Good Evening from Adelaide and from me.

It has been such a cold day here in Adelaide but the sun has been shining - strange weather really, but nothing we can do about it at all.

I really should Blog in the morning because at this time of day I am tired and not concentrating very well at all, and today has been very quiet, so I don't have lots to tell you at all.

As we are less than eight weeks to Christmas I brought out my Christmas coffee cups and everyday dinner set and if I do things a bit at a time it will not be such a overwhelming season for me.  I want to take it quietly so that I can actually enjoy the event. I guess now that Halloween is over for you my North American friends can start to think about Christmas.

I watched a little television today - a program I had taped on Saturday evening -"Spooks" a wonderful British television series about the complex life of MI 5 and MI6 - it was wonderful.  Great acting and a great show.  I don't watch a lot of television but I sure like that show.

Apart from that and writing to some friends I haven't done very much today - Oh yes I did the laundry  - such excitement, but is dry and brought in again.

Tomorrow is the first Tuesday in November - the day the whole of Australia virtually grinds to a halt for a horse race - Yes tomorrow is the Melbourne Cup - and Cup fever is raging. The day will be full of Champagne and Fashions of the Field leading up to the main race of the day at Flemington mid afternoon.
The favourite horse is named "So You Think" and tomorrow and this time we will know who won.



"So You Think" Favourite for Cup 2010


Beautiful Rose Gardens at the Racecourse



Fashions of the Field


So that's about the excitement for today - be safe and well and happy wherever you are and whatever you do.

Love and hugs,

Linda


"Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly."


No comments: