Friday, November 19, 2010

Well here it is the weekend and five weeks tonight it will be time for Australian Children to be going to bed to wait for Santa's arrival. 
This year has gone so fast - I guess having spent the first quarter of it in hospital means I had a shorter year - but it has gone by so quickly.

I am now 46 weeks since transplant and doing very well - I get tired and will be off to bed when this is posted.  Another baby bed time but I can handle that, and do so with thanks and joy.

I had breakfast with my work team today and that was lovely although they are stressed because of the time of year.  We are fortunate to work with the Wishing Tree at Kmart and distribute the gifts to those needing help to provide Christmas gifts for their children.  This of course involves lots of transporting from the Store to our building complex.  I am going to do a collection or two in my own car which will make things easier at the Office, but most of all it will keep me in touch with the whole Christmas program and I will be helping which is important to me.   

I spoke with our Manager this morning and it is very doubtful that I will ever go back to my job in the capacity of Receptionist as I was front line and dealing with clients and exposed to all sorts of germs.  We decided that if I am up to doing some things there will be some things I can do in the background and not have the client contact.   I will miss the contact with the clients but such is life - and for me that's what it is about - being alive and staying alive.

That has given me lots to think about and not being there is not a big price to pay at all.

I have a quiet weekend ahead and am glad of that because it has been a busy week - busy but productive and it is so nice to be busy - to be well enough to be busy.

I am going to say Goodnight to you all and get off to bed - morning will be here soon enough.  The weather is getting warmer and the days longer - summer is almost here.

Have a wonderful weekend whatever you do and wherever you go - travel safely and enjoy life in this beautiful world.

Love and hugs,


"Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful."

Norman Vincent Peale

No comments: