Wednesday, December 15, 2010



Hi there - the days are going very quickly and very soon it will be Christmas and I have a song in my heart and am enjoying the anticipation of Christmas this year. Such a different story to last year - I have a heart full of gratitude.

Today is 50 weeks since my transplant and I almost have to shake myself when I realize that almost a year has gone by and that life is so good for me.
The early days of transplant and the time I struggled with Stevens-Johnson Syndrome are somewhat of a blur for me.  I remember lots about it and at times other memories come back to me.
I have memories of nurses with gentle hands and soft quiet voices who encouraged me each day and Doctors who kept me informed about what was happening to me.  I also have a memory of someone playing music outside my room - sweet and plaintive sounds stirring my love of music.  I have memories of my family all dressed up in caps, gowns and masks and I can still see the fear in their eyes. 

Now I see in their eyes a much calmer expression and I don't hear the sound of fear in their voices.  All of this emphasizes with me how very blessed I am to be alive and so well. 

Tomorrow I am off to celebrate Christmas with the Friends of the Transplant Unit at Flinders where I will meet up with other transplant recipients and some of the nursing and medical staff.  It will be great for me to see them and for them to see how far I have come on this journey  

I am sitting with my Christmas tree lights on and a warm and calm feeling in my heart  - thank you for sharing my journey with me - you did make a difference.

Love and hugs,



1 comment:

Janis said...

Enjoy your time with them. They shall be blessed to see how well you are doing and it will be an encouragment to them.