Thursday, December 23, 2010

THANKFUL THURSDAY AGAIN



Well here we are again at Thursday - and Thankful Thursday it is.

I am thankful for so many things and shared them with you yesterday - this morning I share with you the first fruits of my harvest.



I picked them this morning and will keep them to have with Christmas lunch - they are lovely and look a little like tiny Christmas balls all shiny and bright. The variety is called "Pink Pearl" and they were grown and sold to support Breast Cancer Research.  I bought my plant in memory of friends I have lost to this dreaded disease and also for Vicki who continues to fight like a girl.
Her pain is intense and the Palliative Care nurses are calling very often.
I hold her in my heart and give thanks for her strength and courage.

The tomatoes are in the fridge now along with so many other goodies for the day - only two sleeps now (but who's counting?)  The fridge is getting a little crowded and I still have some cleaning to do - but all in all I am on schedule for Christmas day.   

I spent a lovely time with Grace and Henry last night - they are both very excited about Santa's visit and Grace has lost her first two teeth - where does the time go.   Melinda packed them up, loaded the car and headed back to the farm at about eight last night.  I have spoken to her this morning and Henry slept the whole of the journey, but Grace talked non stop.  They are a pure delight at the moment - and I love seeing them.

I am off out for coffee this morning to meet with Barbara and Raekhel (members of my Christmas online group) it will be great to meet them for the first time.

I will post again before Christmas but in the meantime please enjoy your plans, your celebrations and the anticipation of this wonderful season of the year.   

"Have yourself a merry little Christmas"

Love and hugs,



3 comments:

Aletha said...

Oh what lovely looking Tomatoes . Oh I can just taste there beautiful fruit oh so lovely.

Diane said...

The first tomatoes are always the best, what a great story thanks for sharing have fun with your new on line friends enjoy the day,.

Hugs Diane

Anonymous said...

and here was I going to ask if you had any room in your fridge for the punch ingredients.
Looking forward to tomorrow, see you then.