Thursday, December 9, 2010

THANKFUL THURSDAY



This truly is the "Most Wonderful Time of the Year."  Christmas has well and truly arrived in my heart and my home with the decorating of the family room Christmas Tree last night.  It is standing tall and proud and very beautiful to herald in this special time.  It is dressed in gold and silver with cream velvet bows and brings me delight every time I look at it.



The photographs don't do it justice.


But here are a couple with close up detail,




The tree has four hundred little tiny white lights on it and is magic to see at night - must work out this taking photographs of lights - not really good with a camera - perhaps that's a challenge for next year - a photography class.

But back to matters important to my heart - Thankful Thursday - I have so much to be thankful for and can only list a few.

For rain in abundance - this Country has been crying out for rain, it's people have been praying for rain and rain has come to many parts of the Country.  It doesn't always come when we want it and there is often severe damage, but we need water and our reservoirs are full again and rivers running.

For relief from extremes of heat I am thankful.

For safe travelling for those I love who are home again after flights in the awful storms.

For laughter - hearing laughter ring through this house last night was wonderful - it was noisy but beautiful.

For music - for the music my younger daughter likes and often plays for us - such an eclectic taste in music it amazes me.

For conversation with my family - for comparisons as to which daughter is like Mum and which daughter is like Dad - right down to the way they sign their names.  One just like me and one just like Dad.

For my daughters - so alike and so different, for the fact that they are happy.
For the silly things they say and do.


I am thankful as always for my health for the fact that I am here to see a new day dawning, talk with friends, live life to the full.


Wherever you are in this beautiful world I hope that there is a smile on your lips and joy in your heart as you approach this special time of year.   A time which often brings reflection and the promise to do things better next year.


Take special care - you are all dear to me - family and friends.


Love and hugs,











No comments: