Tuesday, January 25, 2011

THE SIMPLE JOYS OF LIFE.

It is hot in this fair city today and I am just plodding along not doing very much at all.

My computer monitor gave up the ghost this morning after threatening for a few days and now I am using a much older and very much smaller one.  It is working well and will do until I can get another one.

I omitted to mention yesterday the joy I find in little things with Grace and Henry - I met them in the supermarket yesterday morning and they were showing me rubber bands they had on their wrists which when removed form shapes. 
When I called into Ray's there were two envelopes for me with lovely childlike drawings on and a packet of the rubber bands in each envelope - one from Grace and one from Henry.   


Their excitement was wonderful - so I now have some 
"Googly Bands" - one packet called  "Summer" and holds shapes of a hat, tee shirt, a balloon, beach umbrella, sneaker, glasses.  The other packed is named "Glitzy" and contains the shapes of kissing lips, a heart, a crown, clouds, a star and a butterfly.   They are lovely and the excitement of the children was great.  I am sure if you have children in your life you will know what I am talking about - if not this overgrown child is very pleased with her rubber bands in shapes. I hope I have described them to you well.


I found this link with images of what I mean - take a look they are very cute.




http://www.handband.com.au/Fundraising-Wristbands/c38/p589/Rainforest-Jellybandz/product_info.html




It is Australia Day tomorrow and I am proud of my Country and her people - we are going through some tough times at the present moment but we are rallying to the cause to help each other.

A Public Holiday in the middle of the week breaks the working week up into two short two days periods, and lots of people have take the opportunity to take two days of annual leave and with the Wednesday holiday and the weekend makes a five day break for them.  Nice if you are able to do it that way.

The simple things came to me in the laughter and excitement of children and the care being shown by people for each other.


There are some before and after flood photos at this site.  You may be interested to have a look. 


http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/floodrelief/queensland-floods-interactive-before-and-after-photos/story-fn7ik2te-1225987255127



I am Australian by choice not by birth but so very proud to be so.




Love and hugs,





1 comment:

Unknown said...

*I love the rubber bands story. Kids are adorable and good for the spirit