Friday, February 11, 2011

ANOTHER SLEEPLESS NIGHT.

Good morning from Adelaide and an extremely warm night ( I say good morning but it really is the middle of the night) it is three in the morning and I can't sleep again - which isn't all bad because it seems that it when I am able to write my "Liver for Linda"  blog.  I am enjoying writing it but it is draining and yet so important that I get it done.  That sounds like it is a chore - it isn't but reliving the whole thing is confronting.

News from me is limited this post - nothing much happening but I am happy to be well enough to enjoy a quiet life. How well I remember those very busy days when everyone wanted a piece of me and there seemed no time to think and no time for me to be myself.

I was able to pass on a helpful hint yesterday which I received from a friend and I will include it here - I think it is a great idea.

When storing bed linen take your folded flat sheet, folded fitted sheet and all matching pillow cases (apart from one)
 and into that one,  place all the matching linen. 
Then when you need to change the linen on the bed - you just remove the "storage pillow" and voila - everything is there all together.

 No doubt some of you have been doing it for years, but it's new to me and I love it.

Yesterday I got back into doing cryptic crossword puzzles with Ray who has just come home from helping out on the farm with the shearing.  It is great to see this ex Bank Officer being the helper in the shearing shed.  It is amazing to see how much changed his interests are - he watches the weather, the rain fall and crop prices and enjoys going into the Silos with Damon in the truck.  Retirement has been good for him and he is wonderful value helping on the farm and of course is wonderful with his grandchildren Grace and Henry.   He has a baby sitting stint coming up in March when Melinda and Damon go to the car races in Adelaide.  Four consecutive days with the children will see him tired but happy.

I had a lovely conversation with Naomi yesterday and was able to express my concern about her being so busy - full time extremely high pressure job and full time study too.  It is lovely to be able to talk with my kids as adults.
She probably won't take any notice but at least I got it off my chest.

I would like to share with you a picture of a 'transplant birthday cake' - celebrating the second anniversary of a liver transplant for little Ethan.


What a lovely thing to do for this little boy and how brilliantly to educate him on the value of the gift he has been given.  The family also threw yellow roses into their river in memory of the donor and family.

Here is a little boy who will know full well the value of organ donation and transplant as his family show him all about it.

Happy Transplant birthday Ethan.

I am doing lots of reading at the moment and seem to have books on every flat surface - I have lots of bookshelves but they are filling fast.

"A love of books, of holding a book, turning its pages, looking at its pictures, and living its fascinating stories goes hand-in-hand with a love of learning. "

Laura Bush 

Time for me to go back to bed and try to catch some more sleep.
Be peaceful in a troubled world.

Love and hugs,


This post was written during the night but would not upload so it may seem a little out of date by now.

1 comment:

Diane said...

So nice Linda as always..love reading your Bloggs.
Its good to know you are out their and sharing a little bit about your self..
Have a great weekend.

Hugs DianeLouise