Saturday, February 12, 2011

COME SATURDAY MORNING


"Come Saturday morning
I'm goin' away with my friend
We'll Saturday-spend till the end of the day
Just I and my friend
We'll travel for miles in our Saturday smiles
And then we'll move on
But we will remember long after Saturday's gone"

They are the Lyrics from "Come Saturday Morning" by the Sandpipers released in 1969 - and they crossed my mind this morning.

It was a song my father loved to sing and it brought him to mind this morning and I am thankful for memory triggers.   It is amazing how little things trigger our memories - a piece of music, a fragrance, a style of clothing and a phrase often used.  I don't need triggers to remember my Dad, but I am glad when they do happen and he comes straight to mind.

So on this "Saturday Morning" Dad I remember you with much affection and wish that you were here to share my life with me.   We had lots of times but I remember very well that one short year before your death - we had it all - Christmas, your birthday, my birthday and Father's day - and then you were gone in an instant but I am proud to be "Edward's Girl and grateful for all you taught me - discussion, debate, strength, laughter and mostly love.

I have had a little hiccup with my health and had a rush trip to my Doctor yesterday (my local G.P.) and although I could not see my particular Doctor I was able to see a young vital woman Doctor that I could relate to.  I was very happy with her care and her thorough nature.

I am taking the medication but being very careful as I don't want a flare of Stevens Johnson Syndrome - I do feel marginally better this morning and John has made sure I haven't driven - he has done the shopping and taken me to Blood Collection Centre.  

I had a reasonable night (much better than I anticipated it would be) and am taking this weekend very slowly and will read or watch some DVDs - I have a collection to watch and it may be a good time to catch up on them.

It is a beautiful cool Saturday morning with a gentle breeze and the sun is shining.

Please hold close in heart and prayer this little boy - the cutest little man you could ever imagine.


Tater receive a transplant of a small bowel, liver and pancreas on April 15 2010 and is today having difficulties with infection.

Tater lives in USA but is my friend over the network and I wish him well - he is a happy little soul and supported by a wonderful Mother.

So my friends I am off to enjoy a very quiet weekend.  My laundry is up to date, some dishes to do but they can wait too - I am going to nurture myself today, rest and restore.

I send my love and care to you all and wish you a beautiful weekend surrounded by those you love.  


I wish you love.

I wish you bluebirds in the spring
To give your heart a song to sing
And then a kiss
But more than this
I wish you love

And in July a lemonade
To cool you in some leafy glade
I wish you health
And more than wealth
I wish you love

My breaking heart and I agree
That you and I could never be
So with my best
My very best
I set you free

I wish you shelter from the storm
A cozy fire to keep you warm
And most of all
When snowflakes fall
I wish you love

Love and hugs,







No comments: