Tuesday, February 15, 2011

WELCOME TO TUESDAY AFTERNOON AND COFFEE TIME


It is warm in Adelaide today and not surprisingly because it is still summer.

I have noticed lately though that the days are getting "shorter" or rather the daylight hours are getting shorter - darker in the mornings and also dark earlier in the evenings - the promise of Autumn - my favourite time of year.

And that of course brings to mind the John Keats poem 

Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness,
Close bosom-friend of the maturing sun;
Conspiring with him how to load and bless
With fruit the vines that round the thatch-eves run;
To bend with apples the moss’d cottage-trees,
And fill all fruit with ripeness to the core;
To swell the gourd, and plump the hazel shells
With a sweet kernel; to set budding more,
And still more, later flowers for the bees,
Until they think warm days will never cease,
For Summer has o’er-brimm’d their clammy cells.



I love the work of Keats and watched "Bright Star" (The story of John Keats) on Sunday a DVD gift from Nick and Rebecca for my birthday and I really enjoyed it.  
 
The costumes were splendid and I really enjoy it all.
 
Today is a hairdresser day and I always enjoy the chatter of the girls and the way they share their lives with me - of course Valentines Day gave them much to talk about this morning.  Flowers, chocolates and romance.
 
They love doing my hair because I usually give them free rein to do what they wish and they are very excited that my hair is thicker and in much better  
condition than it has been during my illness. 

This is a photo of today's hairdo - even if I say so myself I think I am looking  quite well again.



It is good to feel well and to be able to drive myself to the Hairdresser (and  anywhere else I want or need to be. John still takes me to Flinders because  parking there is a nightmare and he goes and parks the car after dropping me off.  It's a really nice feeling to have my hair done, to smell of my favourite   perfume and sit behind the wheel of my car - look out world here I come.
I owe my life to so many things - my Donor and his family, my medical team,  and wonderful nurses - to you all I offer my sincere and eternal thanks.
I had a lovely chat with Rebecca who is very very busy at work - she and Nick are calling it "Frantic February"  - I suggested 'Frantic Frenetic February."       They are both busy at work and it is the Fringe Festival in Adelaide and lots  of shows they want to see.  Naomi and Alexis too are struggling with time to do all they wish with work and study for both of them.
  And here I sit with an empty diary - I have had those frenetic times and      really don't miss them at all.
There are days when checking email and doing this blog seem to be the only  things I manage to get done - although I do keep the laundry and most         things up to date.  But these are my days - they are special and I am           enjoying them - enjoying writing things and being in touch with friends all      over the world.
They are happy days with a sense of gratitude and a feeling of being at home with myself again.
Be safe wherever you are and do take time to stop and just take some deep  breaths - sit in silence for a while with a nice drink and find yourself again.
Love and hugs,
(I love this tag by Christina - pink daffodils - how lovely.)





1 comment:

Aletha said...

Yes I notice the way the word were in the blog, but you can still read it and I love the picture with your new hair style it is lovely. I do the same thing when I go give free rain as they say to them, but I have my cousin doing my hair again, and it was so nice to see her and her shop and the ladies I know there. But your blog is still wonderful and I do love to read it.