Thursday, March 17, 2011

THANKFUL THURSDAY AND IF YOUR NAME IS TIMOTHY OR PAT

And the top of the mornin' to you all. 

Welcome to St.Patrick's Day and today we all like to claim some sort of Irish Heritage no matter how thin the connection may be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCueMl54FdQ

To my Irish friends - enjoy this day and enjoy the memories of home if you are far away - recall all the lovely memories of your beautiful green homeland.


Watch and listen to "Celtic Woman" singing Galway Bay.

Well here we are at Thankful Thursday - and amid all the pain and suffering in our world there are so many things to be thankful for.

I am thankful on a very personal level for the people who offer me excellent medical care and treat me with dignity whenever I have appointments.  It makes such a big difference - I am treated well and it makes things so much easier.

I offer thanks for the opportunity for my Daughter and her Dad to spend some time together.   They had coffee at Flinders University yesterday while I had my appointments - it filled a space for him and she was able to fit it in between meetings. Quality time and I am grateful for it.

Sunhat and sunblock for John and Ray today as they venture out to the first day of the car racing.  Like a couple of kids planning an outing - I am thankful for their friendship and the laughter they will share.

For me an early appointment and then the day to myself.  I need to find a new book to read (that shouldn't be difficult in this house) so that any waiting time at my appointment is filled well.  I am thankful for books and the fact that I can read them at my leisure - they are friends.

For nice meals out and lovely staff who bring a smile to my day - my gratitude.

For friends who leave messages for me and share the troubles of their heart - I am thankful for their trust.

In a very troubled world that is struggling to restore and recover from disasters there are still things to be thankful for.   

I am thankful that the Japanese Government has admitted that it needs help with the Nuclear problem and has asked for help because this means that the best heads in the world will be getting together on this issue.

I am thankful for the teams of people from all over the world who have dropped everything to go to the aid of Japan - they have hardly recovered from their time coping with Australian climatic effects and the work in Christchurch and they are off again - no questions asked.  They are needed and they go - I am thankful for the resilience of the human spirit that enables these teams to work in the most dire conditions and to witness the most dreadful things. I am thankful for their families who wait anxiously at home and nurture and nourish these people when they come home.

I am thankful that Ashley and Avery are okay in Japan and praying that they can get home as soon as they can. I hope that the trauma they have been through doesn't leave too deep a scar for them.

I give thanks too for the birth of another beautiful baby 

Lily Eva Grace O'Brien - beautiful sister for Bailey.


Congratulations Tim and Leanne and a special welcome to Lily.

New babies bring special joy and are full of promise.   We need that promise to encourage us on our way during difficult days.  Congratulations Terri - she is a little doll - we are happy for you.

My heart is aching for those who are suffering at the moment and I offer a listening ear, a tender touch and kind word as you struggle through your days.

Take courage and keep the faith and thank you for visiting to read "The Musings of my Heart."

Enjoy your day and I hope you find time and joy to do a little Irish jig today.

Love and hugs,







No comments: