Wednesday, March 16, 2011

WEDNESDAY, SUNSHINE AND SHADOWS



Good Morning and welcome to Wednesday, Sunshine and Shadows.

The middle of another week - where do they go to?  I have no idea at all but I am just so glad I am alive and able to enjoy them.

Glorious Adelaide day today with sunshine and blue sky - no birds singing - they must have gone back to bed because they were sure up early this morning.

I have been out and about this morning - Police Station (papers to be signed for my Justice of the Peace renewal) Post Office and Pharmacy - today must be brought to us by the letter "P".

Sunshine too when I heard that a lady of 70 years was rescued from the earthquake rubble as was a 20 year old man - beautiful news.

Shadows though as the situation in Japan worsens by the hour and it is the Nuclear situation that has me worried. It looks inevitable that there will be melt down and the affects of that will be felt for years to come.  The death toll rises higher and higher and there are many tears and prayers for Japan and her people.

I have a round of medical appointments this afternoon at a "Pre Admission" clinic - just checking things out prior to my Admission next Thursday for an ERCP and change of the metal stent.

So much goes through my mind during the day and more so at night when sleep eludes me - and I have been thinking again of the word I chose for 2011.

I chose the word ATTITUDE and the awareness of my attitude is with me always in how I treat people, the things I say and write and the things I do.
I am trying to keep my attitude positive at all times and to pass on some positive thoughts to people I meet and have contact with.

We certainly live in a troubled world and there is much cause for anxiety and fear as they are worrying times, but it is important to recall the happy times, the good things that happen.  

My thoughts overnight went to this beautiful piece of writing - Desiderata


(just click on the image and it will enlarge for you for easier reading.)

There are so many lovely thoughts in there and one that touches my heart as much as any is the line  

"Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth"

There is a very big lesson for me to learn there - I am not sure how graceful I am in my acceptance of the process of aging.  I don't like it a bit - but then what a delight to be here, alive and well and able to grow older.

My aim today is to be happy and to have a positive attitude to everyone I meet, to smile and give thanks for all that I have.

I give thanks for all who take the time to read the "Musings from My Heart"

Love and hugs,






No comments: